[fleXive] is a JavaEE 5 open source (GPL 2.0) framework for the development of complex and evolving (web-)applications. It speeds up development by easing many tedious and repetitive programming tasks and helping to keep your application(s) flexible during the development-cycle and in production.
Key features include:
- Dynamic mapping and definition of hierarchical XML-like data structures to relational databases featuring a lot of (optionally multilingual) data types
- Content manipulation with no need to create custom DAOs
- Internationalization (data and user interface)
- Versioning / History
- Import and export of content and data structures
- Security using access control lists (ACLs) ruling mandators, roles/groups/users at the granularity level of your choice (type, instance, workflow and property permissions)
- Event based JSR-223 Scripting
- Manage and conveniently access your data in a virtual tree-like file system
- Loads of ready to use JSF components supported by Yahoo! User Interface (YUI)
- Powerful SQL-like query engine
- Mandator and ASP support
Based on the latest industry-standards like EJB 3, JSF, etc. [fleXive] should be your choice for building up your own new application.